Our hubs are in the hands of the MOW Crew, a brilliant group of professional hustlers with varied backgrounds, multidisciplinary skills and a passion for community. We’re now looking for new crew members to take over the hub in Tampere for the following positions:
BUILDING HEAD & OFFICE HEAD
Our Building Heads are in charge of the MOW Front Desk, i.e. the Command Center, which is the engine that runs our spaceships. This means that their tasks range from greeting guests, creating memberships, giving tours to knowing the ins and outs of the building, its people and their preferences.
Our Community Heads are the managers, hearts and souls of our community. They take care of our members, also known as MOW Folks, organize events, send out newsletters, make sure that everyone is settled in and make sure that our services, content and projects run smoothly.
We don’t stick to traditional job descriptions, but for all open positions your day may include the following (final job descriptions customized to suit chosen applicant):
- creating member profiles, keycards and managing the platforms on which these operate
- greeting guests, sorting mail and helping out in community management
- managing hub resources from our electric car to meeting rooms
- tendering and ordering various things related to everyday life, events and projects
- producing or helping out with hub events, projects and initiatives
- giving tours of the space and taking bookings from non-members for meetings and events
- sending out newsletters
- drafting contracts for new members, contracting new service providers and creating content for hubs.
We also want to give you the opportunity to put your other strengths into play, so if you have a passion or skills in the following areas, you’re welcome to develop them here:
- social media
- events management
- safety matters
- inclusive work environments
- sustainable business
- video production and editing
- an interest in current events and the future of things like working and life
- a love of bad jokes
What we’re looking for in our new Crew mates:
- prior work experience in relevant fields
- an ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously without losing focus
- someone who can operate fluently in both Finnish and English, spoken and written
- a love of organized systems, whether it’s your files, your workspace or your hub
- an ability to bend word processing, excel sheets and to do lists to your will
- prior experience of CRM platforms, newsletters, building security systems and membership management is a nice bonus, although not critical
- the ability to express yourself eloquently in both written communication and face to face encounters
- a ridiculously strong ‘can do’ attitude. If something isn’t possible, we’ll make it possible
- and lastly (and most importantly): PEOPLE SKILLS. You’re the first point of contact for people at MOW, whether it’s our members or visitors. We want to make them feel like they’re the most important person in the world, we need you to help us with this.
The contract is for full-time employment, starting in late spring/early summer. Part of the training process takes place at our Helsinki hubs. Deadline for applications is 23.2.2018. Send your CV, cover letter, video introduction or any other relevant application format of your choice to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We're kicking off the interviews as soon we get great applications, so waste no time in sending yours in!